* I currently weigh more than Shaquille O’Neal.
* Medically speaking, I could l
lose the weight of an average sized person’s whole body and still be considered overweight.
* When faced with the task of losing 100+ pounds, the odds of success are so low that if you actually succeed, you have a decent chance of making the cover of a magazine somewhere.
* I sometimes can’t find clothes that fit - even in a plus sized store.
* I got this way because of my own choices.
* I could die. I could die and leave my husband and children without a wife and a mom.
* Even having this knowledge, I still have a hard time making the right decisions when it comes to my health.
It’s heavy stuff. (no pun intended). And to be honest, I often find myself overwhelmed with the truth of it all.
But sometimes, the truth is beautiful.
“And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.” 2 Peter 1:4
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
“He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:29-31
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
Now I just need to BELIEVE these promises with my heart…not just with my head.